- ½ medium green cabbage, cored and thinly shredded (about 3 cups)
- ½ medium red cabbage, cored and thinly shredded (about 3 cups)
- ½ red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp plus ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- ¼ tsp celery seeds
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
Toss the cabbage and the onion with 2 tablespoons of salt in a large colander and set aside over another bowl or in the sink until the vegetables have wilted, about 1 hour. Rinse the cabbage mixture thoroughly under cool running water and then spin it dry in a salad spinner.
Whisk the vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seeds, pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt together. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream to form a smooth, slightly thickened dressing.
Combine the cabbage mixture with the green onions, jalapeño, and dressing until the slaw is evenly coated.
Top off your pork slider and enjoy!