Melted Mulled Wine
October 27, 2022
- 1 bottle of Oz Wine (Angry Trees is a great one for this!)
- 2 large oranges
- 1 cup brandy or Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- Using a peeler, remove the peel in strips from 1 orange then juice the orange. Slice the other orange into rounds and reserve for garnish.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Simmer gently until the flavors meld, about 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and discard the spices. Save the cinnamon stick for garnish if you're feeling fancy.
- Ladle into mugs and garnish each with a slice of orange.
Note: Feel free to improvise and use any of your favorite winter spices like star anise, allspice, peppercorns, and even bay leaf!